How to make easy moore kuzhambu?

Ingredients:
Butter milk - 250 ml
Aachi butter milk khuzambu powder - 4 tablespoons
Ladies finger - 4 sliced in 2 inches piece
Sesame oil - 1 tablespoon
Mustard seeds - 1 teaspoon
Urad dhaal - 1/2 teaspoon
Curry leaves - few
Coriander leaves - few finely chopped
Water - 2 cups
Salt - as needed

I love moore kuzhambu very much. However my mom doesn't make it that often and hence I never had the correct recipe for it. So I had to rely on the instant mixes which are very much available for people like me. I am very grateful for those wonderful minds which makes our lives easier.

This is one of the easiest dish I have every tried and it came out very very tasty. Hope this helps others like me.

In a bowl pour in the butter milk and water. Mix well. Or you may use curd instead of butter milk and add more water than said above. To this add Aachi butter milk kuzhambu powder and mix well. Make sure there are no lumps. Salt is already an ingredient of the kuzhambu mix and hence you may add salt accordingly. Keep this aside.

I used ladies finger for moore kuzhambu preparation, however if you prefer to use any other vegetable, you may do so. In a kadai, warm up the sesame oil and add the mustard seeds. Let the mustard seeds spurt and then add in the urad dhaal. Saute it for some time and then add in the curry leaves along with washed and sliced ladies finger. Saute the ladies finger well till it gets almost cooked, because we may not be able to boil the butter milk for it to cook.

Once the ladies finger is cooked well, pour in the butter milk mixture and add salt if needed. Keep the flame low and let the butter milk kuzhambu warm up. Finally add in the chopped coriander leaves. Tada, your butter milk kuzhambu is ready.

I enjoy this with hot white rice and potato fry. 

Comments