Sakthi Masala - Dhall rice powder - My review

I have spent almost 5 years in hostel, surviving on hostel food. Many of us would know how good our hostel foods are 😓😓. It is during those times that I discovered many quick mixes that goes well with rice and this is one among them. I have tried a bunch of them and this is one brand that impressed me much. My mum never makes any of these powders and so I happen to try these only when I moved to hostel.

I have mentioned in one of my earlier post that all I had was a rice cooker and a small kettle. So I had to plan all my dishes around these two utensils. I personally enjoyed this dhal rice powder with a little ghee. However some people prefer it with oil.

Let come to the review of Sakthi Masala Dhall rice powder. This rice mix powder comes in 20, 50 and 100 grams packaging. I think I tried the 50 gram pack. It comes in the usual Sakthi masala standard plastic packet with its brand label, pictorial representation of the product and the product name on the front of the pack. The back side has the ingredients list, price, date of manufacture, expiry date and ways to use it. It says that we may use the rice mix powder not just with rice, but also use it as chutney powder for idli, dosa and poori. It also says that it can be used along with ghee, coconut oil or gingely (sesame) oil.

Coming to the actual product. The rice mix powder is a finely milled powder in light orange color as the normal dhall powder would look like. When added to cooked rice, it sticks to the rice well and tastes really yummy with ghee.

In the whole its a no fuss, yummy tasting rice mix powder which anybody would enjoy.

Comments