How to make an easy aval snack?

Ingredients:
Flattened rice/Aval - 1/2 cup
Milk - 1/2 cup to 1 cup
Sugar - 2 tablespoon
Grated coconut - 2 tablespoon or as desired
Dry nuts - some (optional)

This is one of the easiest and quickest snack that you can make. Even though this is very simple to make, it instantly makes your full and keeps you full for some time.

I enjoyed this snack very much as a kid and my husband loves this too.

Since we have so many coconut trees and love eating coconut, I used to measure grated coconut equal to the aval. Yes, I know. That is how I like it.

All you have to do is soak the aval in milk till it softens. It should hardly take 5-10 mins. Once its nice soaked, you may add in a little more milk if needed and add in the sugar. Mix well, try not to break the aval as it has been soaking for a while and it should be very tender.

Finally add in the grated coconut and dry nuts. My words do not do justice to this yummy snack.

Comments